I know nothing... is this true?

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

I know nothing... is this true?

Post by Datsun and Family »

I suck at Ringneck genetics so Im throwing this out there for Jeremy and Skray, also anyone else who can answer my query.....

I was told today by a breeder that she has a Green hen and Lutino cock and because of this she can guarantee the Lutino chicks will be female and Green chicks male.

Is this true? Can any Green hen x Lutino cock be definate about sex of babies???
-Chamon-

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Yes. All Cocks will be Green/Lutino and all Hens will be Lutino :D
Datsun and Family

cool
-Chamon-

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Are you planning on getting another Ringneck :?:
Datsun and Family

well.... I am debating with James if we have enough room for another cage. I also want to know what sex Datsun is first, I can 95% bet she is female but that elusive 5%....

I love rings and I know thats shallow and you all know I would never trade Dats but I would love a male too! I would want to raise it myself because I dont trust anyone else and I cant decide whether to get another lovebird, budgie, ringneck or something new.........

I am female I am allowed to be difficult!!!!!

Thanks Jeremy!
-Chamon-

Melika

Post by Melika »

It's not shallow to love the ring. ;) My sis and I both hoped for males, and it looks like that's what we have. At least Tsume is 100% sure he's male. but Hane is still playing with my mind, methinks. -_-;

But is is also awesome to have a variety in your flock, lol. So I'm no help. 0_o
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Get an umbrella cockatoo, however I warn you, I will be jealous -pouts-

I thought Santa was going to bring me one. Reckon I wasnt all that good a girl. :oops:

After Boo and all, I could pretty much get a new car out of the deal (husband buys to make one feel better) but thats not my style. If I get something, I want it to be genuine. Not take advantage of his giving, kind nature.

Although I have been an in home Nanny, free of pay or insurance for years now hehe. :twisted:

See how we girls can justify 'bout anything -giggle-
~ Mikaela Sky

goro

too

Post by goro »

i dunno about too i baised toward irn, grey and macaws. too in my opinion want too much granted i give my irn a lot of attention but i know if i get busy he won't pluck i worked in rehab for a while and too many too in there because they are pluckers. i see datsun and i see how much time u put into her i think u told me she is a her. irn tend to teach other irn atleast that what i remember from reading i been doing so thats a thought. btw i spent hrs looking at pics and vids of you guys bird. i like baby michela's bird man what a hoot not to mention datsun wowie. there was also a blue one i liked but i forget who it was but wow im amazed at you guys birds i hope some day mine is half as cool as you guys. someone told me someone tell me what sex my bird is jsut by looking at pic if that person would kindly pm i would appreciate it
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

If I had my way, and alot of money .. I would buy a sun conure straight up, no question about that and an African grey. I would love an ekkie but from what I have seen so far they are really quiet, to the almost boring state, or maybe I havent seen the right bird yet. I wouldn't mind an Alexandrine either.

Now If I could guarantee the time and take on the HUGE responsiblity, which I dont think I could trust myself, I would LOVE to have a red tailed black cockatoo(awesome bird) and a mccaw.

Another dream of mine was to own a Kestrel a Nankeen Kestrel, with leather hood and all. And I would take her out hunting, that would be aswesome (sigh! dreaming here)

Ah what the hell , give me one of each, throw in a major mitchell, a rainbow lori, a scaley lori, a rosella, a karakis, lovebird, galah, sulphur crested cockatoo and ya may aswell go and throw in a Goose for good luck .. lol I miss my Goswald (Gosey) (pet from childhood)

:shock: Gulp! Help ! Bird freak! :shock:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Myyyyyy dream birdie would be a macaw.. one day when I have my own home and can accomodate one. I also wouldnt mind a sulpher crested cockatoo, the ones outside dont want to play with me.

I cut down on my birds tho. Now only have 4 sunnies and 5 IRNs inside and the cockatiel I raised from an egg. I'm giving all my wild ringnecks to a friend . so yeah cutting back majorly on the whole bird addiction.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

i had to get rid of a lot of birds when i moved but am still adicted as well but i have to admit i didnt miss the screach of the sun conures it is more anoying than the roar of my macaw and the screech of my irns put together
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I reckon My new Budgie Stella's incessant "chirp chirp chirp" would out do them all, she would have you pleading for the conures back again. I really thing she is the Budgie from Hell. Shoulda stuck to all male birds.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless