blue*lutino

Moderator: Mods

Azure

blue*lutino

Post by Azure »

what would the chicks be of a lutino male and a violet blue female (all visual)? and a lutino male and a blue female? thanks in advanced
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
SCB -SA

Re: blue*lutino

Post by SCB -SA »

hi there, not sure about the first pairing but lutino male and blue female will give you all green babies, unless the lutino is split for blue, then blue babies as well if i am correct.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi the first pair will give you as follows.

1.0 ino
x 0.1 blue violet(sf)
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 green /blue ino
50.0% 1.0 green violet(sf) /blue ino
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 ino /blue
50.0% 0.1 violet(sf) ino /blue

Visually male babies will be green or green violet.
And female babies will be lutino or white. as you can see it says violet ino but the ino will mask the violet gene so you wont see it.

Thanks Glenn
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

HI Glenn, was I correct for the second pair?
Im tryign to learn as best i can before breeding season.
(a month or so away !)

Glenn i dont know if you are a very busy person but was wondering if you had some time to spare in the future if you could chat and help me to explain the genetics and the basics of if i breed colour 1 to colour 2 etc etc, so i have a better understanding for myself, i dont understand the charts and then the pallid and ino etc, i have a basic idea (pallid is lacewing) but would like to iron it out before i breed.

Thanks
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi SCB-SA,

Yep just send me message and i will respond i will just do it the day after as i am in sydney and u are in south africa so there is a time difference, if i am on of anite i will respond straight away.

And yes as long as niether bird is split, but as you can see if you read all posts that alot of birds are split to blue.

Do you know how to use the calculator i can explain that to you as well when you PM me your questions.

I am still learning myself as you can see Madas and Recio correct me if i am wrong.
most of the time though i just dont read the question properly. (my bad).

Thanks Glenn
Azure

Post by Azure »

thank you very much! both of you!
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet