aggessive female

Moderator: Mods

mikeb

aggessive female

Post by mikeb »

hey guys have you ever heard of a female attacking the male after they have bonded, mated, and still raising young ? i found him before she killed him but he is tore up pretty bad around the beak area no feathers left just raw meat took him out and put him in a separate cage at first he just laid on the bottom but found him standing on bottom later but not moving around hopefully he will make it thru the night and i can dr. him up and he will survive to father more young thanks mike
Ring Neck

Re: aggessive female

Post by Ring Neck »

I hope he is okay, I am new to Ring Necks so no answer for you. I have never heard of that before. How is he today? Poor baby.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

the next morning i found him sitting on the perch ! i took him out of cage and applied some antibiotic cream to his wound took a water bottle an got him to drink and this morning i seen him picking at his food he seems to be ok but he is not very active but very alert when i go near the cage to check on him i guess he's conserving his energy so he can heal up i really think he will be ok and father some more babies next year but only with a new mate thanks for your concern mike
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

He is probably in shock, just watch out for infection of the wounds. He should come around. Best wishes for him.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Its more common then people think, I have 2 pair i have to seperate after they have mated the females do fine and prefer to raise the babies on their own without help from the male. Just another twist in the breeding world :?

Donna :)
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

hi donna , thanks for your reply ! i knew of females rejecting the male at the start of breeding season but never heard of them attacking them while they were raising their young i,m just glad i found him when it must have just started and in time to save his life again thanks for the info you can never have too much and every little bit helps in the future :D mike