cinnamon violet

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

cinnamon violet

Post by angeldc77 »

does anyone have a picture of a cinnamon violet ringneck?
rosemaryalice

Re: cinnamon violet

Post by rosemaryalice »

I would love to see some pictures of one too!
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

Cinnimon blue violet is called Lavender so if you google lavender ringneck you should find some pics.

If you dont let me know and i will post some.

Ta Glenn
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

I have googled lavender and I find listings of birds for sale but not pictures. Would love it if you can post some. Thx, Rosemary
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi guys/girls.

Below are the links

Right hand bird
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx29 ... 009013.jpg

Middle bird.
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx29 ... 009010.jpg

It is really hard to see the true colours in the photos.

I have a brother of these birds. (Nothing fancy)

Ta Glenn
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

Thx Glenn. What are you going to breed the one you have to? When my connection gets fixed and I can post pictures again I will post pictures of my violet green. She is dark olive green with a purply blue tail and lots of that color on her wings. I read somewhere that the deeper color with a lot of dark violet on them could be double factor. I know that she is either a double factor or single factor green violet. Both are possible. She is the one I got to breed with my blue cinnamon male. They aren't set up for breeding yet but are in the same cage and snuggle up together and feed each other and he just loves her. He is a 10 year old proven male so hopefully they will produce some interesting colors.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi Rosemary,

Aat the moment he is paired to a grey hen which i have know idea on her genetics so trying it out with him first. He is blue split cinnimon.

So a % of babies will be silver or sky blue and they will be hens.

Good luck with yours.

Ta Glenn
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

Hi Glen, The possibilities are really exciting and you never really know exactly what you will get. I am debating whether to hand feed. I have someone that offered to teach me if I decide to. If I get some lavender and violets I will not want to part with them! I may keep one for breeding later. They are such beautiful birds and a very addictive habit! I am anxious to see what you end up with from that pairing. Let us know.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Hi glenn, someone told me that it is not a good idea to breed a gray with a viloet because the gr will mask a violet bird's color. I do not know for sure if this is true since I am not a genetic expert but maybe you might want to look into that.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi that is correct that grey can mask the violet but that bird can still produce visual violet babies, same as the albino gene can mask violet.

grey violet blue = can either be visual grey or visual violet and can produce either violet or grey babies,

violet blue ino = visual albino but again can produce violet babies depending what you pair them with.

Thanks Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

Genetic grey-violet-blue is always visual grey, since grey (structural mutation) does not allow either violet (also structural mutation) or blue (pigment mutation) to be "seen".

There are some grey strains which display some blue feathers near the undertail. In these strains the blue feathers would appear as violets when violet mutations is present. Otherwise everywhere that grey is expressed (single or double factor grey) violet is not "seen".

Recio
alyce reilly

Post by alyce reilly »

Hi glen and everyone,
I have the sister to these birds, she is called a lilac. I have her paired with a violet cock so fingers cross for this season. They should breed she is 3 and he is 2, she has been in box and his dancing and feeding her. I can't wait to see what their chicks will be hopefully I get a violet cobalt.
Kind regards
Alyce