Advice needed please

Moderator: Mods

liane

Advice needed please

Post by liane »

when you put a male and female ringneck together how long does it take for them to bond and also will they bond as ive read somewhere that ringnecks tend to only 'mate' with there own colour? the male is yellow and my female powder blue its currently breeding season in the uk and the male is 'mating' everything but the female... when i say everything i mean things like the top of his cage.. my worksurfaces... hes gone mad!! help please???
liane

Re: Advice needed please

Post by liane »

well i gotta say a big thanks to the wonderfull advise........... not!! :x
Donna

Post by Donna »

Not all birds you pair together are going to bond together. depends on the ages of the birds also. As for the colors they don't always like their own color, if that was the case we would'nt have all the color mutations that we have.Sorry about the slow response :wink: Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

liane wrote:well i gotta say a big thanks to the wonderfull advise........... not!! :x
LOL sorry for having a life and not jumping to answer a question that has been asked and answered so many times. Try using the search function. and by the way many people here on this board have had a lot to deal with out of our control, try watching the news sometime to see what a lot of people are dealing with.
liane

Post by liane »

yes and some of us arnt computer geeks that know how to use the forum to its full extent and you make it sound like no one had been online since i posted. i came back everyday to check and every day loads of new posts, plus members online so surely its just courteous to answer. or explain that there is already posts covering my question.. that would of helped a great deal.!! :lol:
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

don't feel bad, there are a lot of unanswered posts, mine being one of them. just click on the "view unanswerd posts" on the upper left hand side.
yes people are busy and have a life, plus as we know, parts of Australia is having catastrophic flooding,
but those who have access and are hear daily could say hi, it takes but a moment.
this board can be very quiet at times, but you just have to keep at it i guess.
i just got a lutino female yesterday and am enjoying getting to know her.
i am working on trying to win her trust.
anyways Welcome to the board, even if you get no replies there is a wealth of info here at your fingertips!
liane

Post by liane »

see that was a much nice way of putting it joane thanks.. shame everyone cant be as polite.. and as for whats going on in aussie i do already know that as the vast part of my family live in aussie.. i werent to know people on here are from aussie?! xxx
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

yes a lot of the members have their country listed under their name on the left hand side.
i'll have to fix mine to show USA.
we should do some kind of poll to show member locations or something.
hope your family is OK