New to Breeding IRN's-Need lots of advice

Moderator: Mods

vcrain

New to Breeding IRN's-Need lots of advice

Post by vcrain »

Hello-
I am new to this board and need lots of advice. I have recently aquired 2 pair of IRN breeders (one green and one blue pair). I have handfed baby african greys before, but never IRN's. I have lots of questions to ask to make sure that I am headed in the right direction. I have done lots of research, but want to get answers from people who actually have had hands on experience with IRN's. I live in Utah and have heard that breeding season is from February to August. Is this correct? Also, when do you recommend putting the nest boxes on? Would someone be willing to email me privately to help combat my loads and loads of questions?
Thanks.
skray

Post by skray »

Hello,
Are your birds indoors or out?All my pairs are starting to work their boxes now.But all my pairs are in doors.I live in North Carolia.

Kenny Ray
http://raysaviary.com
vcrain

Post by vcrain »

They are inside.
I have emailed you privately for more advise. Thanks for responding.

I can use all the help anyone is willing to offer.
Thanks in advance!!!
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Dont feel like you cant post loads and loads of questions here. By all means ask away thats what we are here for.

Private emails dont really give other people a chance to offer different solutions to the same problem, or a chance to interviene if some bad asvice is offered.

Also if you post lots of questions others might learn something new. Also try and read though old posts, there is a search function for the boards and it would save people answering the same questions. But Its ok if you miss something and have to ask anyway.