Turquoise blue palladino

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

Turquoise blue palladino

Post by angeldc77 »

Does anyone have a picture of a turquoise blue palladino?
dog_glenn123

Re: Turquoise blue palladino

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there if you go to this site.

http://www.indianringneck.net/MutationPics.html

The second picture down the bird on the left is a Turquise blue pallidino,

Pallidino can only be a cock bird no hen can be one,

Thanks Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,

Turquoise blue pallidino is the one on the upper right corner

Regards

Recio
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

My bad i dont know my left from my right! :oops:
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

It looks like a creamino = Turquoise blue ino

Thanks Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

I agree, it must be a rainbow

About the mutation in melanins: it can not be just creamino because there is blue (ino mutation in creamino avoids expression of melanins and thus it could not be blue coloured). It must be pallid or pallid-ino to still keep some melanin. I thinck it is pallidino since it is very light in colour and pallidino keeps still less melanin that pallids.

About the mutation in psitacines (turquoise mutation): if there is a light expression of turquoise (keeps less psitacine) it would look more clear, and if there is a heavy expression of turquoise (keeps more psitacine) it will look far more coloured (more yellow).

So, to me, it is a pallid-ino-turquoise (phenotype rainbow) with a little expression of turquoise, but only breeding will tell you the truth about its genetics.

Best regards

Recio
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,

Me again ... :?

I was just wandering about the difference in colour deepness between Saud's turquoise-palid-ino and the turquoise-pallid-ino in http://www.indianringneck.net/MutationPics.html.

I did not comment above that pallids are not uniform in colour: there are light pallids and "heavy" pallids looking almost like clearhead fallows (buttercups). I wander if the lightest colour in Saud's rainbow is due both to a light pallid-ino (less melanin ... less blue deepness) and a light turquoise (less psitacine .... less yellow intensity .... easy to appreciate mainly in the head).

Recio
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

First off let me start by thanking you guys on your fast reply. I am not an expert in genetics but do have enough interest to have done a little research. The reason why I was asking for a picture of the turquoise palladino is because I have a turquoise pallid hen and was thinking of pairing her with an albino. I know that this combination would give me the turquoise palladino. It seems like there are fewer pics outh there of this combination of genetics than most others. I take it that my "rainbow" hen is a heavy as she has a very clear and distintive seperation in color from her head to her body.

My goal is to eventually breed a turquoise palladino with a viloet hen. No need to DNA as all females will be some type of ino or pallid, and my males will be blue violet, blue, turquoise, and turqouise violet split to either ino or pallid.

Please post more pics or links if you find more Turqouise Palladinos.

You all ROCK!!!!!
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud and Angel;

It would be interesting that the albino partner for your birds (Saud's pallid-ino male or Angel's turquoise-pallid hen) was also violet and or dark, even if you can not "see" the violet and or dark. It would produce pallidinos-turquoise-violets and/or dark, allowing to give deepness in blue colouring.

Regards

Recio