Whats wrong with my IRN??

Moderator: Mods

333greenbean333

Whats wrong with my IRN??

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,

I just brought a 2 yr old ringneck in hope he will breed with my blue hen. I have had him next to the hens cage for a week and I then put him in with her...the hen nearly killed him (She had previously sat on eggs about 2 weeks ago but were duds). I took him out left it another 3 days, clipped the hens wings and put him in. They have only had 1 fight today but the male is on the floor of the cage running left to right. whats is he doing? trying to get out?

Thanks, David
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
Razsringnecks

Re: Whats wrong with my IRN??

Post by Razsringnecks »

Firstly you should never introduce a indian ringneck cock bird to a hen. It is her aviary at the time and she maybe very protective.
Where possible you should put the hen into the cocks aviary.
The hen is the dominant bird and if she doesn't take to a cock straight away she is more likely to kill him than he kill her.
Sometimes it is not just a matter of placing two birds together....take people for example...we don't all like the same sort of personalities.
Now another thing is your hen has recently laid, she simply may just not have been ready for the interaction with the cock bird at that stage.
I would remove the cock bird, then a few days later I would introduce her into his aviary.
Then, see how they go.
Best of luck........ :P