Weird Behaviour?????

Moderator: Mods

Miss_Niss

Weird Behaviour?????

Post by Miss_Niss »

I have 2 IRN both Blue, both 2 and 1/2 yrs old. Both bought seperatly, My male is fully tame and my female was an avairy bird, but is slowly getting better.
I firstly started them beside eachother in seperate cages. Now i have made it so they have 2 cages they share, 1 tucked away in a dark quiet room for sleep, and the other is an out door cage for the days.
Every thing was fine, going great..... But...... Recently, my female has gone into her box and wont come out. What does that mean? is it smething to do with breeding? Or is there something wrong?
She was fine this morning eating and drinking, but just wont come out. I wasnt sure what to do so i just coverd her cage and left her to sleep......

But what does this mean.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading :)
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Weird Behaviour?????

Post by ringneck »

Hey Miss_Niss,

Is she in there scratching around? Sounds like she could be getting ready to lay a clutch of eggs. Most nesting boxes have a lid, so gently open it up to see what she is doing. If she is coming out and eating/drinking then she is fine. Just let her be and let her cycle through:)

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Miss_Niss

Post by Miss_Niss »

Thanks heaps for you reply.
She just dissapeared yesterday, and wouldnt come out. She is dead quiet and not coming out, the problem with my cage is that the box is placed in a hard position to access (stupid manufacturers!) so there is no way i can "have a look", I was going to put my hand in there, to see if she would react (bite, scream, watever). But if she is nesting i dont want interupt.

Is there something you should see between the male and female before they mate?
Mine havent had much interaction ( they do live together), but it appears he is scared of her anway. I only see them together when i wake them up to go out to their outside cage.

I dont know what to do! I am a bit worried for her health as she is silent, But my mum said she did pop her head up at one stage. You help is so much appreciated.
Miss_Niss

Post by Miss_Niss »

Thanks for all your help.
But we lost her! :(
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

OH...Miss_Niss...sorry to hear your bad news :cry: