breeding IRN in India

Moderator: Mods

rituparno

breeding IRN in India

Post by rituparno »

I was just wondering that can I breed my IRNs in INdia.What are the suitable conditions that I should provide for breeding?should they have a nesting box?If yes then how big?Also please tell me when the mating season starts here in India.
yours thankfully-
Rituparno

e-mail:-
rikc_1997@yahoo.in
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
pinkdevil

Re: breeding IRN in India

Post by pinkdevil »

I think breeding season for ringnecks in India are around December to May, but not too sure.

To give birds the best start for breeding a good diet of fresh fruit, veg and seed will help the hen build condition for producing healthy eggs and chicks.
A good sized aviary but a few people have had their pet indoor birds breed inside the house in a large cage. The nest box I use for my birds is aprox 20cm square and aprox 60 cm deep. In the bottom I place aprox 10cm of nesting material.
Birds generally do not breed if they are stressed, not happy with their environment, poor diet, or unsuitable conditions, or too young etc.
rituparno

Post by rituparno »

well i have a cage that is about 2.5feet square and height is 3 feet.will it work?????
bec

Post by bec »

ther smallest cage ive hade succsess with breeding inside was a 3 foot wide by 2 foot deep by 6 foot high
my other breeding pair were just free range in a spare room coz i couldnt fitt the nesting box in the cage