Courting ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

skray

Courting ringnecks

Post by skray »

I just set my ringnecks up for the upcoming breeding season.I was able to catch this pair courting.Thought you all might be interested in see this pr.Its a greygreen/blue male to a turquoise female.

Kenny Ray
http://www.raysaviary.com

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

awesome photos. Most people never get to see this let alone have a camera handy when its happening. It's so interesting to watch.
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

ohh thats beautiful, i keep seeing all these gorgoues pics!

hey neokireina my brother who is 12 said your sun conures look like oompa loompas! hehe niw that i think of it they do have the same colour as them!
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My goodness, he is winning that hens affections.

You go boy... whatta stud. Look at her head tilted back, she is loving him!

He seems very attentive to her. Take notes fellas, attention will get you everywhere with the ladies. :lol:

Thank you immensely for sharing that with us.

She is tilted back and he is looking at her like "yeah, thats how papa likes its, seeeeexy. He cant take his eyes off of her.

Nice to see a country boy/girl around, I too am from NC.
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

oompa loompa oompa de de, if you are wise you'll listen to me.
oompa loompa oompa de do, I've got another puzzle for you.

lol thanks bella, they act like it sometimes too.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

To me, sun conures dont look real. I dont know if it is because of the beautiful colors or what. Looks at Neo's signature... see what I mean? Or maybe yall dont. :oops:

My husband (yeah I cant believe it either) went into Petco the other day and this sun conure JUMPED off his perch and started doing crazy sh*t. My husband bought it! I was like NO! He was like YES, this thing is cool! He is an implulse buyer on everything. We didnt come home with the bird but he goes to see it. He cant get over this bird, he is a trip.

Anyway, the point I was making is this fella was amazing. He hopped off of his perch and landed on his back and started rolling around like a dog that is wet. It didnt hurt him to do this because they had bark shavings at the bottom of his cage.

If we tried to walk away he would do it again but add a little more flavor. He would jump off then lay his wings flat as his back was and act dead as a door nail. This bird was a nut. He ROCKED.

All of the employees claim he came as a baby and was only fed and held. He just likes to do tricks on his own, like? Loves!
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I love my flappy ones. they are awesome. They are so pretty.

Froggy will sit on my hand while I talk into his back and he'll talk. Bappy is talking. They have so much personality. Mine dont like laying on their backs anymore. They used to, I can do it sometimes, but they are always so busy they never want to be still. I think thats why Kiva doesnt like them.

I spent a few days away from them and I missed them so much, as soon I got home everyone (me and them) were making kissy noises.
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

neo have you got any experience with baby sun conures i may (MIGHT) get a 4 week old bub, how many feeds do they need a day? have they even pinned at that age?
im tossing up between an ekkie and sun conure....... have you had any experince with the ekkie?
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I got my suns from the breeder just before they weaned. Unless you have a brooder you need to get the baby when it starts to get feathers so it can keep itself warm. Then It should be on three feeds a day. This isnt a set rule. You can feed less more frequently. Three weeks old I think should be on 4-5 Feeds per day.

The breeder I work with has hand raised both suns and ekkies so if you have any specific questions I can ask. Eclectus parrots also make good pets. This is an article written by my breeder on eclectus parrots http://www.adelaidebirdclub.com/abceclectus.html
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

That head back throat exposed posture is what I use to "sex" young ringnecks... you almost never see a male doing that. Its just not their thing.

Mazzie does that anytime I get near LOL... "Love me mama.. love me love me love me!!!"... along with her gorgeous coo.

Athena
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I think this is what she means hehe.

~ Mikaela Sky

Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Yep... thats the one. I have a few dozen photos of Mazzie in that pose LOL... she strikes it whenever I get near her.

The harder shots to get are action shots!

Athena
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

WOW!!! WOW!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! I am working on some articles for sexing....may i use some of the photos? :wink:

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You know Im a proud Momma, you can use pics of my Baby any time :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

baby_bella wrote:neo have you got any experience with baby sun conures i may (MIGHT) get a 4 week old bub, how many feeds do they need a day? have they even pinned at that age?
im tossing up between an ekkie and sun conure....... have you had any experince with the ekkie?

Ekkies are notoriously picky feeders when it comes to their "mothers". They take a bit to adjust from parent to hand-fed and some will refuse to be fed by anyone else but that one person. Good ekkie breeders usually won't sell unweaned chicks to anyone who hasn't fed ekkie babies before. >.>;;

Hane and Tsume never lean forward and put their heads back like that. Which is part of the reason we're still holding on to the hope that they are males, lol. Hane is the only one we're unsure about still. *hopeful* ^_^

I'm not a big fan of greygreens, but your guy isn't so bad. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
diz-awn

Post by diz-awn »

cool pics! I have also seen this dance, its cool
first time I was like what the hell is wrong with her! lol
Billit

Post by Billit »

diz-awn wrote:cool pics! I have also seen this dance, its cool
first time I was like what the hell is wrong with her! lol

HER? Is it the female who dances?