new to breeding - Question

Moderator: Mods

Trips

new to breeding - Question

Post by Trips »

Hi I have a green male and blue female I’m finding when I let them out during the day my female will follow my male to every corner of the room however he seems to be just trying to get away lol it gets bad enough that she will walk him to the end of his perch until he either starts to fall or fly’s away I currently have them in their own cages but do have a aviary ready in case they did seem to work together and for when breeding season came around but I’m not sure because some days he wants nothing to do with her :?

Should I move them into the aviary or keep them apart for a bit longer? ( Will miss my pretty indoor parrots when they become outdoor parrots for breeding season :cry: )
smallworld

Re: new to breeding - Question

Post by smallworld »

I hope this is not the same blue female that is injured. You'd be risking her, if she was allowed to breed. You could house them together but remove any breeding materials. Let her recover fully because breeding is a very stressful thing on the organism and requires a good bill of health.

Best of Luck
Trips

Re: new to breeding - Question

Post by Trips »

yea it is the same one hense why i was maken sure by asking i dont want to go putting her in with the male if it may make things worse at this stage still keeping them in 2 cages just letting them spend time together outside of the cage during the day/night when im home

thanks =)