Albino Male with Green Female

Moderator: Mods

atvchick95

Albino Male with Green Female

Post by atvchick95 »

I know all about sex linked genes

but I'm about to go pick up a Albino Male for my Green Female as far as I know neither are split to anything

I know all females will be "ino" and all males will be green (that's the reason I wanted an "ino" Male)

but My question is since the dad is Albino, will the females be Albino or Lutino?

it doesn't matter if they're albino or lutino but Its made me curious and the genetic calculator just calls them "ino"

I'm a hobby breed and I know most of the genetics and how it works on the birds I breed such as budgies, tiels, lovebirds, Quakers.

but when ever it just says "ino" i get confused
Coastal-Birds

Re: Albino Male with Green Female

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
The proper genetic names are Green ino being a (lutino) and a Blue ino a (albino)
This is the same for all parrots if using genetics.
For you mating this is what you can get,i have done the female green split to blue as a plain green irn is hard to find these days.

PARENTS

Cock := Blue Ino (albino)
Hen := Green

PROGENY

PERCENTAGE DESCRIPTION

50.000 % Green Ino / Blue Hen

50.000 % Green / Blue /Ino Cock

PARENTS
Cock := Blue Ino
Hen := Green / Blue

PROGENY

PERCENTAGE DESCRIPTION

25.000 % Blue Ino Hen

25.000 % Blue / Ino Cock

25.000 % Green Ino / Blue Hen

25.000 % Green / Blue /Ino Cock

Hope this helps
Coastalbirds
www.coastalbirds.com.au
atvchick95

Post by atvchick95 »

Coastal-Birds wrote:Hi
The proper genetic names are Green ino being a (lutino) and a Blue ino a (albino)
This is the same for all parrots if using genetics.
For you mating this is what you can get,i have done the female green split to blue as a plain green irn is hard to find these days.

PARENTS

Cock := Blue Ino (albino)
Hen := Green

PROGENY

PERCENTAGE DESCRIPTION

50.000 % Green Ino / Blue Hen

50.000 % Green / Blue /Ino Cock

PARENTS
Cock := Blue Ino
Hen := Green / Blue

PROGENY

PERCENTAGE DESCRIPTION

25.000 % Blue Ino Hen

25.000 % Blue / Ino Cock

25.000 % Green Ino / Blue Hen

25.000 % Green / Blue /Ino Cock

Hope this helps
Coastalbirds
http://www.coastalbirds.com.au

both the parents to my Green Female are green with no splits or so I was told

so assuming she is plain Green and not split to anything
would the Ino females be Albino or Lutino

I use the Genetic 3.1 Calculator all the time but it always just says ino but never if its Lutino or albino
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
Well if she is a plain green then you will get Lutino/blue hens (Green ino/blue) and green/blue/ino cocks only.
The online genetic calculator is preset to green so if it shows just ino then it is green ino(lutino)
If its a Albino it will says Blue ino in the code.
Cheers
atvchick95

Post by atvchick95 »

Coastal-Birds wrote:Hi
Well if she is a plain green then you will get Lutino/blue hens (Green ino/blue) and green/blue/ino cocks only.
The online genetic calculator is preset to green so if it shows just ino then it is green ino(lutino)
If its a Albino it will says Blue ino in the code.
Cheers
Ok thank you - I use it mostly on budgies and it took me forever to figure it out, I think so far the easiest species I used it on were my Quakers LOL I only use it on my lovebirds when I'm doing my Edged Dilute pair, because the Lovebird Calculator I normally use doesn't have Edged Dilute as a mutation :(

Oh and one other thing - is it at all possible to tell if she is split to blue? I know most of the time its not

but she has a lot more yellow going through her than most Green IRN's I've seen so i went on a wild goose chance a while back to see if that meant anything but couldn't find anything
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi again
No it is not possible to tell if she is split to blue or any other mutation.
Here in Australia buying a plain green ringneck is almost impossible as they are mostly split to blue.
The only way is to know her parents history as to what they were bred from.
It goes to say if you have 2 green birds and only one is split to blue then you can get plain green and split to blue birds in the nest.To prove what is what it can take years of breeding.
atvchick95

Post by atvchick95 »

Coastal-Birds wrote:Hi again
No it is not possible to tell if she is split to blue or any other mutation.
Here in Australia buying a plain green ringneck is almost impossible as they are mostly split to blue.
The only way is to know her parents history as to what they were bred from.
It goes to say if you have 2 green birds and only one is split to blue then you can get plain green and split to blue birds in the nest.To prove what is what it can take years of breeding.
I didn't think you could tell but figured it was worth a shot asking :)

I'm in the US. not sure if their greens aren't pure greens or not

but I know with Budgies, Specially from a pet shop - your not just getting what you see for instance, I bought a Albino Female Budgie 3 years ago, She's bred a few times and I got surprises every time, she is masking Opaline, Dominant pied and Clear Flight pied

thanks for all of your help :)

now to go find some more pics of greens and see if i can find any with as much yellow as she has - Majority of the time it doesn't come out in her pics its washed out